London: Wyman and Sons, 1880. 1st. Leather bound. First Edition. Thick quarto; Very Good in full black leather stamped in gilt. Copy of Henry Cruickshank Fletcher, Adelaide with his name in gilt to front board. Henry C. Fletcher arrived in Port Adelaide in 1849, establishing the patent slip on the northern (Birkenhead) side of the Port River opposite the wharves at which many of the ships visiting the Port would unload. In 1867 he installed a larger patent Dunnikier Slip in 1867. At first he was in the ship repair business and later expanded into shipbuilding, becoming a prominent member of the Port Adelaide community. In 1873 he bought a grand house called 'The Brocas' at Woodville. Tipped in are 1) Notice of Issuance of the Yacht Register 1880-81 & 2) Circular #s 305, 314, 340, 354, 369, 425 and 426. Laid in is 1880-1881 Report of Additions and Corrections [No. 1] to 27th May, 1880. Item #17087
The Register contains the names, etc. of all vessels of 100 tons or more registered in the United Kingdom and many large ships registered abroad; the Appendix lists the owners of the ships.