Glenwood Springs: Beans & Keck, 1890s. 1st. Original boards. First Edition. 12 panels of glossy photographic plates with multiple images, accordion-style fold (12 x 180 cm, folded to 12 x 15 cm). Advertisment for 'E. Shuster, dealer in Indian & Mexican Curiosities, Navajo, Apache & Aztec Goods' affixed to verso of last plate. Lithograph depicting the Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs signed in plate 'Boring, Tilton Ar...' affixed inside rear cover. Red paper boards with embossed ornamental decoration; gilt lettering to front cover. Minor rubbing to extremities; a near fine copy of a scarce souvenir book. Item #17443
Includes photographs of Glenwood Springs landscape views, hot springs, bath houses, interiors of bath houses, hotels, commercial buildings, bridges, street views, railroad views, waterfalls, and residences. In 1891 - 1894, William Boring and Edward Tilton had their own architectural firm; among their notable works were the Casino in Belle Haven, Connecticut, the Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs, and the federal Immigration Station at Ellis Island in New York.